- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Able to work independently as well as a team.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and concepts and instructional design theory and concepts.
- Experience creating and working with storyboards in the development of web-based learning materials.
- Experience using analytics and use of data-driven decisions to enhance content and instruction.
- Able to adapt quickly to change.
- Work with and maintain confidential information and discretely handle sensitive materials.
- Detail orientated with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and have the project management and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
- Able to engage content experts and translate concepts into terms appropriate for the course.
- Exceptional customer service, listening to customers and responding positively to their requests.
- Prepare project documentation including Learning Strategies, Course Overviews and Storyboards.
- Develop education and delivery strategies in accordance with project briefs.
- Liaise with subject matter experts.
- Peer review project documentation to ensure the content is of a consistently high standard.
- Research new and emerging education best practices and suggest improvement initiatives.
- Develop style guides for the Instructional Designers to adhere to.
2009 – 2013
Learning Designer & Developer
- Assisted with the customisation of the architecture and implementation of the VP Learning Hub (VPLH) – Totara LMS, a distribution of Moodle designed for enterprises, for over 13,000 Victoria Police Employees.
- Implemented the processes and procedures for both Instructors and Students using the VPLH.
- Designed standard course templates for the VPLH including ‘Just in time’, ‘Compliance’, ‘Communities of Practice’, ‘Curriculum’ and ‘Units of Competency’ to provide a level of consistency.
- Fulfilled tasks and deliverables utilising the ADDIE Instructional design model…
- Managed relationships with clients to scope the content of their projects, identifying learning objectives, structure and method of delivery.
- Assessed their business goals and identified any current gaps in learning.
- Reviewed existing and new content required to be included into the new course.
- Identified the appropriate approach to deliver the content (face-to-face, blended, created directly in the LMS, SCORM or via a webcast).
- Drafted a course storyboard which included audiences, modalities, interactions, roles for role based scenarios, course outlines, and the script.
- Designed a mockup for the client to approve the colour scheme and branding for the course.
- Developed the courses directly in the LMS and/or using Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio or Adobe Captivate.
- Ensured all courses underwent quality assurance checks and trials before going live on the VPLH.
- Published courses onto the VP Learning Hub.
- Supported clients with the process of ‘going live’ with a new course.
- Produced customised reports for Senior Management and course owners providing analysis on user data and overall feedback analysis.
1999 – 2005
Carnival Cruise Lines
Training & Development Manager
- Head of Department position facilitating all onboard training programs and maintaining accurate records thereof (programs covering; orientation, hospitality, professional sales, environmental programs, ship safety, management colleges, TEFL).
- Coordinator and liaison for all approved training from departments.
- Monitoring and maintaining required level of spoken English onboard.
- Day-to-day running and administration of the ship’s Crew Training Facility.
- Production of accurate and timely reports for record keeping.
- Coordination and production of the courses within the Carnival College of Management and Carnival Corporate University programs.
- Development and supervision of all other trainers onboard.
- The onboard Hospitality Ambassador.
University of Melbourne
Master of Education (Digital Technologies in Education)
- Learning with Interactive Devices
- Digital Technologies in the Curriculum
- ICT & 21st Century Learning Communities
- Leading Educational Ideas
- Reading Educational Research
- Innovative Spaces and Pedagogy
- Negotiated Capstone Project
- Educating for Creativity and Innovation
Bachelor of Education (Adult Learning & Development)
- Flexible learning and educational multimedia
- Investigating adult learning and development
- Innovation, change and sustainability
- Research training and development
- Adult learning, knowledge and experience
- Leading and managing learning
- Workplace learning and development
- Program design and difference
MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
Learning Design Skills
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN METHODOLOGY
ADULT LEARNING THEORY
LEARNING NEEDS ANALYSIS
DIGITAL BADGES / ACHIEVEMENTS
STORYBOARDING & SCRIPT WRITING
- SURVEY DESIGN & ANALYSIS
- RUBRIC DEVELOPMENT
- UI DESIGN
- FUNCTIONALITY TESTING
- TEMPLATE DESIGN (Communities of Practice, Compliance, Just In Time, Units of Competency)
WEB 2.0 TOOLS FOR SOCIAL LEARNING
SCORM/AICC STANDARDS/TIN CAN